Here are a few of the daily occurrences that can cause low back pain:
1. Sitting on a wallet or cell phone all day at work, it is best to put them in your shirt pocket and carry less in your wallet.
2. Sleeping on your stomach, it is better to sleep on your back or side with a pillow between your knees and another with neck support.
3. Wearing uncomfortable and unsupportive shoes. Check your shoes for wear, you may need orthotics. Free scan and analysis at our office.
4. Slouching in a desk chair at work and not having the key board at the right level.
5. Smoking tobacco and other bad habits.
6. And last but by no means the least, have regular checkups & adjustments with your Chiropractor. As often as 4 to 12 weeks depending on your job and lifestyle.
How can I prevent becoming part of the 80% of Americans with back pain?
Start a wellness goal for yourself. Making a few changes in the way you live can help reduce the chances of establishing persistent back pain. Here are a few choices that can be implemented in everyday life.
1. Exercise daily to help increase blood and oxygen flow in the body, at least 30-60 minutes.
2. Eat whole foods that are rich in vitamins and nutrients, primarily organic & plant based.
3. Don’t eat excessive amounts of junk/fast foods, best would be to eliminate them all. Go for at least 35 grams of fiber a day.
4. Lastly drink one half your body weight in ounces of clean pure H2O daily.
There are many habits that occur throughout the day that can induce back pain. Some things have become so routine in our lives that we do not realize they could be harmful.
A chiropractor’s expertise in spinal manipulation and extremity adjustments can be beneficial for low back pain. Chiropractors can also provide techniques for at-home recovery, starting with exercises
To make your appointment with Dr. Mike and find out more how his experience in correcting back pain, fatigue, digestive issues can help you get back to living healthy again.
A new patient of Dr. Mike’s will initially need 2 to 4 visits to achieve optimal structural health. Extreme cases can take 4 to 8 visits.