On average, adolescent males drink 22 oz. of full-calorie soda a day. That’s why more and more Health groups say-“Sugary Drinks Don’t Belong on Kids Menus”. In a 2003 study conducted by the Minnesota Dental Association revealed that children are now drinking twice as much soda as milk.
It also revealed that children are now drinking three times more soda than in 1980.
In an effort to keep kids healthier, they are advocating that better choices be made available for kids. In 2010 kids aged 2-19 got about 155 calories per day from sugary drinks. There is an upswing in soda machines in schools today. In the U.S. annual soda sales are more than 5 times as big as bottled water at 75.7 billion dollars a year. Many question if this is because it has become a steady form or income for school systems as students drink more and more soda. Added sugars and solid fats contribute to 40% of daily calories for kids aged 2-18 and reports show that this is one of the causes of childhood obesity and an increase in childhood diseases.
Parents are in charge of their children’s health.
What are you allowing your children to consume daily? How are you modeling your consumption to your children? The good news is that many of the effects of high soda consumption can be reversed and Alternative Health Oasis can help you with these issues.
You can reverse the effects of soda naturally
First, as we always say, drink more water. We also have many suggestions to make water more appealing to your children if they fight the notion of losing their bubbly drinks. Your children’s health cannot have a higher priority for you as a parent. Make sure you are making the proper choices for your children at meal time, but also more importantly teach them to make the right choices when they are not in your home.
Alternative Health Oasis is based in Powell Ohio, just north of Columbus.
We specialize in natural alternatives for our clients who are dealing with back, abdominal , neck and head pain. If you face a loss of energy we have natural solutions which can bring you back to the energy level you use to have.
Contact us today!
What signals is your body sending you?
- Do you experience fatigue or low energy levels?
- Do you experience brain fog, lack of concentration &/or poor memory?
- Do you eat fast food, fatty foods, pre-prepared foods or fried foods?
- Do you drink coffee & sodas during the day to get you going?
- Do you smoke cigarettes?
- Do you crave or eat sugary snacks & candy or desserts?
- Do you have a bowel movement 30 minutes after each meal?
- Do you feel sleepy after meals, bloated &/or gassy?
- Do you experience indigestion after eating?
- Are you overweight, or do you rarely exercise?
- Do you have aches, pains or stiffness?
- Do you take any stimulants or sedatives?
- Do you experience frequent headaches?
- Do you live with or near polluted air, water & / or other environmental pollutants?
- Do you have bad breath or excessive body odor?
- Do you experience mood swings?
- Do you have food allergies or skin conditions, e.g.acne?
- Are you showing signs of premature aging?
- Have you ever used an internal cleansing product & followed a complete internal 30 to 90 day cleansing program?
If you have answered YES to any of the above questions or answered “NO” to the last question, you are a good candidate for an internal cleansing program & would benefit greatly. At Alternative Health Oasis we have witnessed so many lives turned around after our colon cleansing program. It’s a natural and documented procedure that will bring your healthy lifestyle back.
What causes diseases?
- Poor Digestion = Toxic Build-Up
- Toxic Build-Up = Inflammation
- Inflammation = DISEASE
The 7 most common causes of Toxic Build-Up
- Constipation: the colon is your body’s sewage system. If the sewage system backs up, toxins become trapped in your colon. Chronic constipation means these toxins are fermenting and decaying in the colon. Re-absorbing into the bloodstream, polluting our tissues and cells, creating inflammation & disease.
- Poor Diet: poor diet includes dead, cooked, devitalized, clogging, low fiber foods, fried foods, junk foods, processed foods, etc. As a modern society, we have drifted further and further away from eating living,whole organic foods, in season fruits & vegetables, with whole grains high in natural fiber. We must eat foods full of nutrients & enzymes.
- Over-Consumption: over-eating puts a tremendous amount of stress on our digestion system. Most people eat too much food, too fast. Foods are not properly broken down lodges in the lower intestines. Vital nutrients are NOT absorbed.
- Lack of Water: water makes up 65% to 75% of the human body. It is second only to oxygen in order of importance to sustain life. Water cleanses the inside of the body as well as the outside.
- Stress: stress affects every cell & tissue in the human body. Stress breaks down the immune system as well as all of the major organs. Stress is TOXIC to our bodies, as is our negative THOUGHTS.
- Lack of Exercise: exercise strengthens our entire body. It stimulates the circulatory and lymphatic system, building muscles, nerves, blood, glands, lungs, heart, brain, mind and mood.
- Eating Late at Night: the human body uses sleep to repair, rebuild and restore itself. In essence, our bodies use the sleeping hours to cleanse and detoxify, to build strength and immunity. Don’t eat after 7 pm if you can help it.
Remember your health is not everything,
but everything is nothing without your health!
Stress is on the rise in America, with nearly half of Americans reporting that stress is having a negative impact on their personal and professional lives. Although the holidays can be a time of joy, they often bring with them additional stressors. Holiday stress statistics reported by the American Psychological Association show that: 69% of people are stressed by the feeling of having a “lack of time” 69 % are stressed by a perceived “lack of money” and 51% feel stressed out over the “pressure to give or get gifts”.
During the holidays we are often surrounded with images of people who are happy, in love and enjoying the whirlwind of their lives. In reality, however, this time of year can be difficult. When our lives don’t match the images we see around us or live up to our own ideals of family and friendship, it can be painful. And spreading all that good cheer, creating traditions and memories can be tiring and can exacerbate daily pressures and hassles.
The following tips are designed to help you find relaxation during this often-emotional time and to improve how you are thinking or feeling about the moment and the season. There’s always a natural way to achieve these goals.
1. Find meaning in the season. Find or reconnect to a purpose, meaning or value during the season. Contributing can give a sense of meaning and make you feel good about yourself. Give something to someone else, do volunteer work or do a surprising, thoughtful thing.
2. Anticipate obstacles to your sense of well-being. Take a few moments and remind yourself of circumstances that intensified your stress in past years. For example, looking back, you might notice you often feel lonely. Conversely, you may have a tendency to overschedule yourself. Or you might find a particular family gathering painful. Once you know you have identified a few of the more stressful moments of the holidays, you can plan how to approach them, possibly using some of the strategies below to get through them with less stress and emotional pain.
3. Do only one thing in the moment. Doing just one thing can give you time to settle down in the midst of a frantic or chaotic day or week. Focus your entire attention on what you are doing now. Let go of the mental listmaking, worrying, and party planning. Put your mind in the present and focus on physical sensations, such as walking. You can also do one thing in the moment right at home by focusing on tasks around the house, like washing dishes, listening to music or decorating.
4. If you’re feeling down, do something opposite to how you feel. When your life isn’t perfect, the holidays can bring up sadness, regrets and other painful emotions. Change your mood by engaging in activities that are opposite to how you’re feeling. Read emotional books, listen to emotional music or go to emotional movies. Act with kindness and compassion toward those people who irritate you.
5. Schedule some memorable activities into your holiday season. Research indicates that happiness increases with experiences, rather than things. Reconnect with a childhood tradition or make a new one.
6. Try muscle relaxation. Whether you’ve had a day on your feet or sitting at your desk, extra stress can make your muscles tense and sore. Try to relax your muscles by tensing and resting each large muscle group. Start with your hands, clenching them into fists tightly for 10 to 15 seconds, then releasing the fist and allowing your hands to rest heavily on your lap for 30 seconds. Repeat the exercise a second time and then move to other muscles in your body, such as your arms, the muscles in your face, your shoulders, and your legs. When you’re done, take a moment to rest and notice a feeling of heaviness in your body.
7. Self-soothe with taste. If you’re out and tempted to graze on appetizers or other fast food without really tasting anything, pause, and then choose one food, slow down and really taste it. Or, if you’re at home, take time to prepare a good meal or favorite soothing drink, such as hot chocolate or warm apple cider. Then sit, do nothing else and focus your attention on tasting and savoring the food or drink.
8. Try deep breathing. Lie on your back, breathing evenly and gently. Focus your attention on your breath, coming in and out and the movement of your stomach. As you breathe in, allow your stomach to rise. Exhale fully, pushing all the air out of your lungs. Continue for 10 breaths.
9. Clean the house. The holidays often bring extra chores and cleaning. Use them as an opportunity to self-soothe, rather than as an additional stress. Divide your work into stages: straightening things and putting them away, then scrubbing and cleaning. Allow a good length of time for each task. Move slowly (three times more slowly than usual) and focus your attention fully on each task. Maintain awareness of your actions and your thoughts if they wander. Bring them back to full attention on the task at hand. Make it a family project.
10. Follow the 10 day rule. Have as much as possible bought for the holiday and in your house 10 days before, so you are not doing last minute shopping. And I have found that shopping after 10 p.m. is the least crowded time, so whether it is late at night or before sunrise make it a date.
This time of year can be tiring, lonely, overwhelming, financially difficult and can bring up painful conflicts and reminders of painful circumstances and feelings. Stress can weaken our immune system, too. Take extra Vitamin C and B.
For more information and to talk to Dr Mike & Kate about reducing your stress and increasing your energy naturally. Contact us at Alternative Health Oasis in Powell Ohio.
Dr. Michael H. Fritz, was featured in November’s Natural Awakening’s Magazine in central Ohio. Dr. Mike recently completed a 20-month Neurology Diplomate course. This course instructs practitioners on how to help patients recover from neurological diseases such as multiple sclerosis and Parkinson’s, and neurological disorders such as ADHD and gait abnormalities. Students of the curriculum also learned techniques to effectively treat stroke and paralysis victims. Actual patients were brought in for examination, diagnosis and rehabilitation.
Dr. Fritz is now eligible to sit for board certification at the next International Board of Chiropractic Neurology (IBCN) exam, to be held in the spring of 2014.
Blood assessment helps reveal hidden health problems
Your blood carries the life force of your body and it is the ”River of Life” pulsing nutrients, oxygen, and carbon dioxide to and from all parts of your body. It also carries away waste products to be dealt with by the liver and spleen for elimination. Live blood cell assessment is done by placing a drop of blood from your fingertip on a microscope slide under a cover slip to keep it from drying out. The slide is then viewed at high magnification with a special BioMedx Dark-Field Microscope that forwards the image to a high resolution LCDTV. You and the Certified microscopist can then see the blood cells, which appear as dark bodies outlined in white. The results are then used as a basis for identifying possible nutrient deficiencies and possible health challenges based on research since the 1930’s.
Live Blood assessment is a simple procedure for obtaining a quick and accurate assessment of your blood (and your health). With only a few drops taken from your finger; this test is able to provide indicators of decreasing health. Secondly, Darkfield Microscopy and Dry cell allows us to observe for indicators of vitamin and mineral deficiencies, toxicity, and tendencies toward allergies, excess fat circulation, organ weakness, arteriosclerosis, parasites, etc. with the dry cell assessment known as “oxidative stress”.
Blood is magnified by 20-30,000 times giving us the ability to document your bloods condition and monitor changes in your blood as a result of changes in your diet. The Bible states that … “the life is in the blood”. Your blood is also the best place to evaluate if your diet and supplements are working for you. Quick response spells maximum results. Live blood cell assessments really not a diagnostic procedure for any specific disease. It is best used to help determine the optimal diet and most effective supplementation (vitamins, minerals, enzymes, herbs, antioxidants, colon cleansing, detoxing, etc.) to rebuild and repair. Finally, it requires that you make a commitment of change.
Live Blood Cell assessment MAY indicate the following:
- Free radical damage to the blood cell and the need for antioxidants or EFA/DHA
- Atherosclerotic plaque
- Bacteria, parasites, Candida/yeast/fungi
- Undigested proteins and fats
- Evidence of hormonal imbalances
- Mineral deficiencies & Essential fat needs
- Uric acid and cholesterol crystals
- Poor circulation, oxygenation levels
- Dis-ease prevention and indicators such as oxidative stress
- Toxicity indicators from the colon(#2 killer in the U.S.) or heavy metals
NOTICE: WE ARE NOT A LAB OR A MEDICAL FACILITY
Alternative Health Oasis is your local store for AlphaG products.
(ALPHA-G) ALPHA-Glycan PolysaccharidePeptide (PSP)
How is ALPHA-G Different Than Other Products
ALPHA-G is processed from 5 select strains of rice harvested from organic U.S. sources. The manufacturer utilizes a proprietary processing technique to produce potent hydrolyzed polysaccharidepeptides that possess unique functional characteristics easily recognized by DNA, RNA and genes. Their very small molecular size allows them to be 100% assimilated into the cell for maximum benefit. This is in contrast to the other known polysaccharidepeptide products known as beta-glycans which are normally harvested from specific species of mushrooms. Beta-glycans consist of very large polysaccharidepeptide molecules which greatly limits their ability to be assimilated into our cells. Consequently, alpha-glycan polysaccharidepeptides is exponentially more effective than beta-glycan polysaccharidepeptides.
How Was ALPHA-G Developed?
ALPHA-G was developed by a health care practitioner to help support the overall health of their patients, friends, family and themselves. While they found wonderful health benefits from other polysaccharide peptide products, consistent quality control was difficult to maintain. By formulating ALPHA-G themselves, they are now able to better maintain the high level of quality they demand for themselves and their clients. The hydrolyzed rice goes through several additional proprietary processes developed by this doctor that may help make the naturally occurring alpha-glycan polysaccharidepeptides from the rice more bio-available.
An Essential Foundational Nutrient !