This is a great recipe and it is a great twist on something you can make and bring some fresh tastes of spring into your next party or dinner. There is nothing like the taste of fresh sweet peas and they are loaded with vitamin C. So enjoy this recipe and continue to live & eat healthy!
Ingredients: yields 3 cups
- 1 cup sweet peas
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 2 cups baby brussels sprouts
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- 1 Tbsp raw apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp dried dill
- 3/4 cup raw mayonnaise
- Wash and remove the ends of the brussels sprouts.
- Place the brussels sprouts in the food processor, fitted with the “S” blade and process until broken down into small pieces.
- Add the chopped green onions, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, Tamari, lemon juice, and dill. Process till mixed together. Transfer to a medium-sized bowl.
- Add the raw mayonnaise and sweet peas. Stir to mix well.
- Eat right away or place in the fridge overnight to all the ingredients to meld together.
- Should last approx. 3-4 days. After it sits in the fridge overnight, the outside will turn a little in color, just give it a stir and all is good.
- Eat right away or place in the fridge overnight so all the ingredients to meld together.
Raw Mayo recipe
Note: Eat right away or place in the fridge overnight so all the ingredients to meld together.
- 1 cup raw cashews, soaked 2 +hours
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 2-3 medjool dates, pitted
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ tsp. garlic powder
- ¼ cup cold pressed olive oil (to be added last)
- After soaking the cashews, discard the soak water and place in a high-powered blender
- Add the water lemon juice, dates, salt, onion powder and garlic powder. Blend until creamy smooth. You shouldn’t detect any grit in the mayo. If you do, keep blending till it is creamy smooth when you run it between your thumb and finger. This can take 1-3 minutes, depending on the machine. Puree all ingredients, except oil, in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.
- While continuing to blend and a vortex is created in the mixture, add oil in a steady stream, until emulsified.
- Store in a tightly sealed container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.